Low back pain can be caused by a variety of reasons, your pain may stem from either the spinal muscles, bones, tendons, ligaments, nerves and discs. In many cases when there is any type of irritation to the back whether it is as simple as a muscle strain to a herniated/ruptured disc it can cause a tremendous amount of pain and discomfort or almost none at all, which is why proper low back health is very important in maintaining a strong foundation for your body, and helping to either reduce, relieve or eliminate low back pain as a whole.
Everyday causes of low back pain:
- Work (push, pulling, heavy lifting, or sitting at a desk all day)
- Working out (Muscle strains, over training)
- Carrying a bag/purse (carrying your bag on one side most of the time, as well as it being oversized and/or heavy)
- Postural Issues (Slouching, weak core muscles)
- Inactive and/or overweight people
Here are some great stretches which can be performed on a daily basis to maintain, improve and eliminate low back pain:
Make sure to hold each stretch for a minimum for 30 seconds on each side. Repeat for 2-3 sets.
Universal Hip Stretch
Knees to chest